What it is?
CABOLQUI is a non-profit organization that aims to develop all the active participants in the quinoa chain and other organic products by promoting organic production, social and environmental responsibility and the development of small farmers.
CABOLQUI was created in 2005 by a group of manufacturing and exporting companies highly committed to the country´s development and particularly to the organic production and quinoa. Their objective is that through CABOLQUI, concrete solutions can be generated to solve the challenges faced by the quinoa chain and productive complex.
To make this project viable, the companies have taken on an additional comittment with CABOLQUI by making contributions based on a percentage of their exports. Thus consolidating the sustainable operation of the chamber, and also providing funds to generate new projects.
CABOLQUI has developed an organized theme-based proposal related to the following actions lines:
- To help and promote the organic quinoa production in an ecologically, socially and economically sustainable manner, guarantying a dignified life for Altiplano farmers in accordance with their traditional values of respect for nature.
- To promote the development of finished organic products that enhance the value of national raw materials, reinforce the development of technologies, generate employment and promote value added exports.
- To open markets, especially through the positioning of Quinoa and the development of domestic markets.
Who makes-up CABOLQUI?
CABOLQUI is a group of 11 leading quinoa companies specialized in the export, manufacturing of by-products and finished products made of quinoa ready for the domestic and international markets. At present, they represent 70% of the nation’s quinoa grain export.
Each of these companies stands out for their high quality standars, professionalism and the importance they place on theire eco-social philosophy. From the beginning, CABOLQUI companies have worked alongside their associated suppliers, offering differentiated pricing and enabling strong relationships of trust and long-term strategic alliances.
It is thanks to this work-focus and supplier programs that many of our enterprises have developed an achieved and impact on three levels:
- Economic: by enhancing production, generating employment and local development in rural and urban areas.
- Social: by improving the quality of life of the suppliers and the companies’ employees.
- Environmental: by promoting the values of respect towards the environment beyond the requirements of organic agriculture.